Friday, August 19, 2011

Quick...Jump!

Do you know why I write? Here. 


I have asked myself that question a number of times over the past few weeks since I began.


I write from my heart.


I write with passion.


I write to clear my head.


I write to soothe my heart.


I write because I feel driven to.


I write to help make sense out of my emotions.


I write to help make sense out of what life throws my way.


I write to share my heart.


Mostly?  I write because I am not the only one who has gone through,


 is going through, 


or will go through difficult times, days, events and challenges in ones life.


I don't write to have you feel sorry for me.


I don't write to have you fix everything (or anything) for me.


I don't write to make you feel sad or bad.


I don't write to preach or save or judge.


I DO write because it fills me with joy.


It encourages my soul, heart and mind.


It helps me to take time to reflect on the last 24 hours.


It helps me to put the last 24 hours in perspective.


It brings healing to my inner most being.


I write to share my life's experiences with you in hopes that YOU will be encouraged.


That YOU will be filled with joy.


That YOU will see life in a different light, a different perspective.


I allow my broken self to be revealed because I want you to know it isn't easy....this life;


But it is very do-able. It is possible. No matter the obstacles before me; before YOU.


We can press on.


When we are done surviving; done holding on for dear life.... We can Thrive!


We can move forward. We can live life to it's fullest. We can be truly happy.





A wise man in a kiddies park told me long ago,
that life holds many a trial and he wanted me to know,
That I can choose to tackle each hurdle on my track
the moment that it comes up without looking back.


If I decide to go around it; it is placed just down the road
waiting for the strength I seek to face it's heavy load.
Each time I skip that hurdle set in front of me
I put the gifts back on the shelf that will help to set me free.


Therefore, throughout my life, when challenges arise
I make a conscience choice to jump; and reach towards the prize
Putting off the inevitable never gets us very far
What is your next hurdle; how high is set the bar?





May my words today for you, give strength to run your race,
jumping over obstacles and helping to set the pace,
challenges are many and trials come oft tis true,
But don't look past the fact;  jumping makes a better you! 







Blessings be many as you run the race before you and strength be yours as you jump with all ya got! ♥ LR

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your writing , many times it stirs up emotion within me and brings me to tears. I can identify with many of the emotions you have and are dealing with as I'm sure do many of your readers. Your honesty and vulnerability touches my heart and challenges me to slow down and take time to journal and become more vulnerable with God. My temptation is to shut down and tune out when things get difficult turning to food, TV, computer games;not really being engaged in life just going through the motions. I seem to be running from God when I need to be running to Him. Journaling helps me to be honest with myself about where I am and where I want to be. I would appreciate your prayers that I would continue to seek God in difficult times instead of shutting down. Although we have been connected through the Body of Christ I am amazed how through your intimacy I have come to know you better after just a few weeks of reading your blog and even though you are leaving this area I am looking forward staying connected through your blog. May God richly bless you as you continue this journey with Him.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been one of may favorites so far. Really gave me a boost this morning. Thanks Mamma
    Kayls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on writing my "Darlin' It is not only medicine to you but surely more than you know, to others.
    No matter what happens, you will always gain strength from sharing your feelings but, if not with others, write for yourself!!
    Love the path you are following. Perhaps the path that was created many many years ago before you even were. For each one of us has a destined path to follow and how sweet the walk when it is the one designed for each one of us, personally. Great start for the day. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete