Friday, August 12, 2011

Harvest of Faith

Dear God,

Take the mustard seed size faith I offer up to you this morning,
In the stillness of the morning; with the birds singing their praises,
Where the sun is just now rising above the foothills before me,
And the faded blue morning sky holds hope of warmth for the day.

With my heart speaking promises that you layered with your love,
I plead with you to pour living water on the tiny seed of faith offered up,
I sit in the quiet; listening for your voice. The squawking of doubt penetrates,
And my head attempts to battle against the peace within my heart.

In honesty I offer the worries & fears of this wounded world,
I give to you my lack of understanding and my confusion at what is here,
I give you my heavy heart, burdened with compassion for others,
I give to you what is seen, heard & felt with human emotion, human sight.

Destruction, illness, disease, pain, hurt, loneliness, sorrow, grief, dysfunction, drunkenness, anger, hatred, abuse, selfishness, greed, cruelty & death. Wounded, broken, hopeless, faithless hearts.

With my arms outstretched, my hands lifted high, I cry out for your touch,
I hunger for your nail scarred hands to lift me to your chest,
Aching for your presence to wash away the sorrow that floods our earth,
Pleading for healing, begging for wholeness, seeking peace to fill these human hearts.

I pray with mustard seed size faith that you would pour your healing rain upon our land,
Wash away the filth and the sorrow. Water the seeds that your children offer to you,
Fill our hearts with your living water and flood our souls with your love filled spirit,
Penetrate the walls, the boxes, the buildings we have built and Rain down upon us.

Touch each one with God sized surprises, with God breathed miracles and God blessed gifts.
As I enter into a brand new day, at the end of a long week and the beginning of what You have planned,
I look in wonder at the sprouting of my little mustard seed and anticipate a field of blessings,
A harvest so brilliant, a presence so vibrant, a hue so intricately woven that one will not know where it begins and where it ends.

Only that it is.












Faith-filled blessings to you today as God pours healing rain on our dry land.  ♥ LR

1 comment:

  1. My dear friend, let me add that the mustard seed, although small, often grows where other plants cannot. It is a most tenancious and hardy plant, and once sprouted will survive through almost anything. So I believe that when God asks us to have faith as a mustard seed, it doesn't really matter how big or small it is but that it endures. That the kind of faith that has been hard for me, and enduring faith. Sometimes my faith is huge, but sadly, only a flash in the pan. I am learning to have the lasting kind of faith.

    With you on the journey.

    SuAnn

    ReplyDelete