Monday, August 22, 2011

Let Go....

She is a reminder that I don't control it all.
I have done everything I can think of to make it right.
Of course if I knew what was wrong in the first place that would be very helpful!

I have questioned her and asked what I did that was so worthy of her hatred.
I even approached her husband and discussed it with him.
He is a nice man; calls me by name, says 'hi'
Her boys talk to me, smile at me even.

I have come to the conclusion that she is in my life to show that I can't control it all.

I can do all that I believe is right.
I can manipulate some situations, and if I am honest with myself; I can manipulate some people.
I can anticipate the actions of friends, family, customers, co-workers.
I can live according to others expectations and the expectations of our society.
I can live according to godly principles.

But I am reminded daily that I don't have ultimate control.

No matter how sweet I may be; I can't make all people like me.
No matter how much I give to others; I can't buy friendship
No matter how wise I may think I am; I can't make others learn from me.
No matter how much knowledge I may acquire; I can't make others hear me.
No matter how I live my life for God; I can't make others love Him.

I don't have control over all. 

I have decided that I don't need the answers.
I don't need to know the why.
I don't need her love.
I don't need her acceptance.
I don't need her good wishes.

I don't have control over everything.

12 years of living beside someone who hates so openly. I have to believe that God allowed our horrid neighbourly relationship to teach me something. 

It pleases me to know that I can walk away in a couple of days with a thankful heart for a lesson finally learned. I will walk away. I will shake the dust from my feet. I will stop wondering. I am done trying.

I have no regrets; I have peace. I am not in control.

There have been other events in my life that have also been reminders; I am not the one in control.

I don't have the ultimate wisdom. I don't have the ability to see into eternity or even into tomorrow. I am not privy to the 'hows' and 'whys'. I don't want that responsibility. I don't want that kind of control.

I have learned that when I give it ALL to God; He turns it ALL into something truly amazing!

I like that He is in complete control. Thank you Laura for reminding me!

Blessings and Peace to you today as you let go....and let God ♥ LR

1 comment:

  1. It's a Good thing that God is in control! we just have to remember that He does not need our help in the control Dept.

    ReplyDelete