Tuesday, August 30, 2011

De-Bugged!

OK! Bring on the rest. The sleep. The peace.


I have succeeded in cleaning every nook and cranny of our new house. Every closet. Light fixture. Window frame. Cupboard. And baseboard heaters.


I have set up our new mattress and box spring. Cleaned the sheets and fluffed the pillow. (Sad it is only one pillow that I have to fluff as my man is still in Alberta....for a time)


For the record.... I did not scream, run or freak out when I found the dead spider in my sheets the other morning. I simply shook the sheets outside and then washed them.


I also did not scream, panic or otherwise react when the live spider started creeping towards me from the sink I had my hands and berries in. And, let me add here....he was BIG!! The size of a quarter with a squish-able body. OK...so I don't know if the body was squish-able as I turned the hot water onto him and washed him done the drain. No squishing involved.


But let me tell you...this spider could swim! Against the hot spray pounding down on him he fought for his existence. I am sorry; I couldn't allow his existence. NOT in my sink. NOT in my kitchen. NOT in my house.


I have come a long way baby!!!  I think of the black spider I found in my hand as I scooped out dirt, dust and little toys from the kitchen vent one day when the boys were quite young.


Now THAT was a sight to behold! I danced and shook, screamed and hyperventilated until my wonderful man came to my rescue only to discover the cause of such distress was PLASTIC!  It may have been a little plastic black spider, but to this day I still shudder at the memory!


It's the little things that matter. Little spiders that hide until you are not looking and then voila....they are sitting next to you while eating your curds and whey!


Little mice that leave traces in every spot imaginable to show they are present.


Little beetles. Little flies. Little slugs. Little pests.


Little grievances. Little traits. Little habits. Little annoyances. Little quirks. Little words. Little communication.


Too often we over react to the little things in life. Experience, maturity & rational thinking help to keep the little.....little.


Sometimes small measure is a big deal!  A little patience. A little understanding. A little compassion. A little love. A little faith. A little hope. A little can go along way.


It takes a wise soul, soft heart, discerning spirit and a calm head to remind us what are the little things that truly matter. 


Listen
Intently
Take
Time
Love
Everyone


........just a little bit more today.


May your day be filled with pocketfuls of little blessings ♥ LR

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the earyly morning reminder to LITTLE with my 3 not so little blessings ; ) today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home Robyn!! Oh - how I can relate to the spider story. ARACHNOPHOBIC here!! September is my hell month. Get settled and let's try to get together.

    ReplyDelete