Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alberta in my rearview mirror

This is big.
This is terrifying.
This is crazy.
Scary.
Exciting.
Faith-filled.
Lonely.


I have asked myself many times over the last week especially. WHAT ARE WE DOING?


And then when I think I just may not follow through,
When I think my emotion is just to much to handle,
When I think I am going to allow the fear STOP me...


This is what came up randomly TODAY on the facebook application; what God wants you to know....
'that you always have one last resort. When nothing else works, surrender to God, and let your faith carry you through.'


Yesterdays was just as timely.....


'you were created to be alive. You weren't made to simply survive until you die. Live it up, embrace life. This entire planet exists for all God's creatures ~ and that includes you! Don't wait to start living, begin right now, with your very next breath. There are many wonderful experiences waiting for you, so get going!'


I have always taken the words from this facebook application lightly but still believing there are no consequences. God can and does use all kinds of communication to get through to his people. Heck if His voice, His words can come from a burning bush....then, ya; I am going to consider the words and maybe even take them to heart once in a while!


Regardless of whether the words are truly from Him...they are true enough words. They fill me with positive energy and encouragement. It is time to 'get going, start living now and embrace life in its fullest'


I don't have all the answers. I don't have everything carefully laid out. I don't have any guarantees at the end of my drive and I don't have a 'how to be successful' for the beginning of our Island life.


And so today, I surrender all my apprehension. All my fear. All the lonely feelings. All the unchartered paths ahead.


And I reach deep within myself, my soul, my heart, my spirit and I remember what Faith is and how it looks.


I choose to go today believing that God is leading, God cares, God knows what is up ahead; he put it there!


At my darkest hour; God was there. Why would He not be present in something as exciting as embarking on a long time dream?

Therefore my friends when the car door shuts and the garage door opens,
I dwell not on the tears that fall, not on the grief that breaks the heart,
not on the empty house that echoed my departing footsteps.


I will not let fear shadow the brilliance of the day nor doubt to ride beside,
I will not allow wonderful memories to hold me prisoner
My eyes don't need to see, it is my heart that carries all the pictures.


As I travel west to the beauty rising up before me
To the mountains that proclaim Majesty; God is with you,
I am reminded that so long as I have Faith, I can do all things.


I dry my eyes once more; I sing along with the music that fills the car
I speak gently to the dog at my side and I thank God for the peace that floods my soul,
The mirror reflects what I will always hold onto; where the roots will forever be deep and my heart will always know as my Alberta Home.

What will you see in your rearview mirror as you go forth in faith?


Bless you today as you surrender to God, and let your faith carry you through ♥ LR




Please note that with the travelling and settling over the next few days ~ Healing Rain Blog will not be written until Monday the 29th of August. Take care my friends and family. Love to you all.  LR

No comments:

Post a Comment