Friday, August 5, 2011

Girlfriends and BFF's

If there is one thing I have come to realize in my lifetime it is the fact that life is short and those you love, from the very depths of your heart, may not be around through the duration of your short life.

Loss and grief is as much a part of life as joy and happiness.

Not all loss is eternal. Sometimes it is in 'the moving away from' kinda loss.

Sometimes it is because someone changed.

Sometimes it is because of misunderstanding.

Sometimes it is because of changed circumstances.

Sometimes it is because of new chapters.

Sometimes it is because, although so small at times; our world can be so very large.

And sometimes it is because God calls and someone listens.

My heart is heavy this morning and tears stream down my face as I grief over the distance soon to be between some amazing friends and myself. 

It is not easy to say good-bye. Matter of fact, I have always disliked...strongly disliked...okay down right hated; Good-byes! Whether they be very short term or across 4 provinces or 2 or whether there are countries now seperating lives or whether it is good-bye into eternity. I don't like them!

While I am at it, I would like to confess something else. Right now. I want to lay out a secret of my heart.

I am in love with some very dear girlfriends! 

Yes, it's true!  Head over heels, silly in my head, In love!

It is a love that floods the heart when I see them. A love that smiles when I see them smile. A love that rejoices when they laugh. A love that cries when they hurt. A love that holds through the gunk and the junk of human-ness. A love that forgives the hurt. A love that understands. A love that listens to their words but more importantly hears their hearts. A love that wants to hold them close. A love that wants to make their world a better place. A committed kind of love. A patient love. A kind love. Love where jealousy does not exist. A love that speaks loudly in itself without the need to verbally shout it from the rooftops. A love that gives of self for the betterment of others. A love that walks side by side. It is a healthy kind of love that nurtures, fills and feeds the hearts of others.

It is a God-given kind of love that blesses my own life beyond measure, beyond understanding, beyond comprehension. The richest heart is a heart that loves and is loved in return.  If love is given without thought of self; love returns 100 times over.

This kind of love doesn't just happen and it is not gifted to everyone. I don't believe you can truly know what it is to love this deeply until you have lost someone you love so dearly.

The love that I have for these friends was built over family times, church times, community times, work times, kid times, good times, bad times, happy times & sad times.  Love was nurtured through difficult events, joyous occasions and great times of grief.

I will be forever be changed because of my forever friends, some of whom I have known for ever and some that have recently found a place in my heart.

I will cherish the tears shed, the laughter shared, the secrets told, the truth revealed and hearts opened.

I will cherish relationships now lost and friendships that will never end.

And as distance seperates us, I will cherish the love that fills my heart and allows me to keep you close to me at all times.

I will cherish the memories of our times together and I will forever be grateful we made time for one another.

And I will never stop wishing for another moment in time to spend with you over a glass of wine!

I found this song this morning as I was looking for solice for an aching heart.  Please click on the hyperlink to this song by LeAnn Rimes "Good friends & a glass of wine" And as you listen to it...think of all the wonderful girl times we have shared over the years and that the love I have for you will forever be true!

http://youtu.be/8qrCkoSPMrc

I love you ♥ I am already anticipating the next time we will sit together and share in a glass of wine! LR

2 comments:

  1. Ah Yes! To love a friend so much that it hurts to even think of not being able to see them in a few minutes, or go down the street to cry on the shoulders of a friend or call up and say "meet me" thats difficult!
    But....the good news is that God brings people into our lives that become near and dear to us wherever we are. although they never can take the place of long time friends, they become what we need or want! A very tearful journey you are on my dear Daughter but regardless of what the circumstances, time passes and they get better and better.
    thank you for today, it reminded me of many sorrowful good-byes that happened in my life and it still hurts!In all of life, keep looking ahead right now and one day the memories will be so happy you will smile in spite of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear dear sweet love.....i hold a very special place in my heart for you. You are an inspiration to me....you make me believe that no matter what lifes journeys had or have in store for us....we will always prevail knowing that there is always someone out there that has a love for us that is unwaivering. Yes girlfriends have a very special kind of love that no other could ever match....and you my friend my cousin are one of those friends that will forever be in my heart. You are a very very amazing person and am so glad you are in my life........Love you tons

    ReplyDelete