Monday, January 23, 2012

The Same, Yet Different

Where one finds healing, another may find brokenness.
Where one sees healing, another may view hurt.
Where one hears the heart of healing, another may hear despair.
Where one is touched by healing, another may be battered by pain.
Where one tastes healing, another may spew disgust.
Where one breathes in healing beauty, another inhales ugliness.


We walk through the same experience and come out completely different individuals.


Sometimes it is from the choices we make. Sometimes by the character of each. Sometimes from the walls that surround us. Sometimes it is stubbornness. Sometimes Pride. Sometimes foolishness. Sometimes fear. Sometimes it is our desire to stand alone. Sometimes it is based on relationship. Sometimes it is our need for others. Sometimes it is our refusal of help. Sometimes it is that we are individuals, unique, different & distinctive. 

My walk is not your walk. Nor is your walk, mine,
I did not become who I am today by walking a straight line.
I veered to the left while you turned to the right,
It's been a while now, and your heart is still not in sight.


My walk is not your walk. Nor is your walk, mine,
although both have walked the downward slop, as well as the steep incline.
the bruises, bumps, cuts and such, one day we will compare,
but not until your brokenness you are willing to reveal, to share.


My walk is not your walk. Nor is your walk, mine,
I spent some time with open wounds, while you still say you are fine.
My life has changed quite drastically and without doubt yours has too,
The pain, hurt and agony need not hold on any longer to you.


My walk is not your walk. Nor is your walk, mine,
The hurt still stings and is overgrown much like a prickly vine.
I found a Gardner I do like to prune away the pain,
My heart cries out to yours...dance in the Healing Rain!


My walk is not your walk. Nor is your walk mine,
Hope and faith have washed the wounds, the scars will always shine,
I beg for you to take your hurt and your festering heart,
And place it in the Hands of He, who offers a brand new start.

May Blessings wash over you today as you too dance in the Healing Rain ♥ LR

2 comments:

  1. Oh Robyn..... as I have had yet another "issue" come up with a person like the one you describe in your poem your words are a reminder that I cannot control anyone but me, and can only decide what my own response/reaction will be. Thank you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn for the reminder, I was just about to slide down a slippery slope, it's my choice and I choose to place it in the Hands of He, who offers a brand new start!

    ReplyDelete