Thursday, July 28, 2011

What color are your eyes?

Drama

Family drama. Church drama. Work related drama. Community drama. Neighborhood drama. Elementary school drama. Middle school and of course, high school drama. College drama. City clubs & small town bar drama. Friendship & relationship drama.

I love the word Drama. It isn't quite as psychotic as 'issues'.

When people come together in any type of gathering...no, not people. Women, girls, ladies, chicks, princesses, prima donas, females, diva's, dudettes, gf's, bgf's, bff's....kind of people. There is likely to be some sort of drama happening.

 It could be obvious, in your face drama. Or an electrical undercurrent of  hidden drama. But it is almost always there. The prime fuel for this, in my opinion comes from one source.

Jealousy.

Some like to separate the two; jealousy & envy.

Envy
  1. feeling of discontent and ill will because of another's advantages, possessions, etc.; resentful dislike of another who has something that one desires
  2. desire for some advantage, quality, etc. that another has
Jealousy 
  1. very watchful or careful in guarding or keeping: jealous of one's rights
  2. resentfully suspicious of a rival or a rival's influence: a husband jealous of other men
  3. resentfully envious
  4. resulting from such feelings: a jealous rage
Separate the two if you like...but the results are the same. the dazzle of green eyes.

Jealousy

She can be your best friend and looses 5 lbs...You are SO very happy for her! =)  But deep (sometimes not too deep) down you compare, and you wish, hope, desire it to be you.  You stop listening to the excitement in her voice, you become quiet and introspective; and your eyes have a slight tint of green to them. 

Jealousy.

A co-worker receives a gift from a customer. You smile and acknowledge the praise they are given. But the words bounce off you as you think why them, I do at least as good a job as them; I never get gifts given to me. Of course you shake off the silliness of those thoughts..but your body language spoke it, and your eyes reflect green....

Jealousy

Wow, what a nice car, house, bike, tractor, lawn mower, dog, rake, flowers, wife, husband, kids, renovation, window, yard, garage, TV, chair, plate, stove or floor. We verbalize our oooo's and our aaaahhh's, But inwardly sometimes, oft times, we think how great that would look in our kitchen, yard, garage, house, bed. We desire after it and our eyes sparkle green..

Jealousy.

Your friend is moving forward in her life after years of pain. Of course you are happy for her but she doesn't quite need you the same way she used to. The crutches are gone, the shoulder unused of late, the tears now of joy and not sorrow. You want her to be free, healthy, strong...really you do! And then you realize...she is moving forward! You have your feet planted firm in strong roots. She is seeing all that is new, alive, joyful, exciting! You are watering the roots, packing down the soil. Feeling unnecessary, unneeded, unmovable...you sprinkle the roots with a tinge of bitterness and envy. And you look at your
friend with a heart full of love and your eyes the color of emeralds.

Jealousy

It hurts. It disables. It cuts. It destroys. It breaks. It wounds. It angers. It saddens. It brings grief, sorrow and tears.

I too am a knight in rusty armor, sword in hand,
Determination & strength my companions
I fight back the dragon, the blazing hot tongue of fire
The swollen head, blackened heart and eyes of emerald green

I cut and cross, I feint and fleche, I parry and I block
My body gets weary, my vision is blurred, I stumble and retreat
With weakened muscle, and strength so not my own; My sword is lifted high
The battle continues, the war rages, the duel a fight to the finish!

The spiritual forces continue the battle when my heart is revealed to Him
He takes the desires, the unhealthy wants and wishes, the not quite happy with me feelings
He puts out the fire, the ego reduced, the tongue not so hot with the flame
The heart beats blood red, the breath sweet and true, and my eyes shine their beautiful blue!

Jealousy

If you are a women; you know of which I speak. (Men are NOT exempt...but I speak from that which I feel and know; that of being female!)  We all have been on both sides of the green-eyed monster.

Either side a destructive entity to an otherwise wonderful friendship.

Where are you in your battle? 

Life....is short.

Battles...a waste of time.

Friendships...too important.

Blessings to you today as you find peace in all that YOU are and all that YOU have. ♥ LR

**side note**  to my beautiful green-eyed born friends...   naturally, born to you, green eyes have the  glitter of love sprinkled in and there is a stunning beauty within those monster free green eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Aah Yes! beautiful green eyes...if it is a God given trait...my beautiful sister had green eyes, my beautiful daughter has emerald eyes, maybe not emerald but a green colour that is undescribable but lovely! Green eyes are beautiful.....but....if your eyes are blue and only green inside because of envy or jealousy,then there will be chaos and discouragerment and hurt and selfish ambition. Life is definitely too short to waste time being jealous or envious of anyone....See in yourself what God created to be beautiful and content.
    I'm not sure where all this came from but I love what you say about these two feelings that are not created or birthed from the wisdom of God. Your writing is def. inspirational and a true gift and it def. inspires me. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your heart. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete