Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This time, this day, this now....

I am actually afraid to write today. Afraid of what is bubbling deep within my being. Afraid of my thoughts, emotions, feelings, afraid of my future.


I am afraid; Saturday is coming,
August is mere days from beginning,
Life altering change is in my next breath.
I am afraid; of my faith, of good-byes, of letting go, of being forgotten & of forgetting,
I am afraid; of the tomorrows and the yesterdays.
I am afraid; you won't know who I am anymore.
I am afraid; to trust, to believe, to hope,
I am afraid; of sorrow, grief, failure
I am afraid; of unbelievable happiness & incredible joy
I am afraid; of the unknown, the newness, the journey
I am afraid; of fear.


I could let all these fears stop me in my tracks. Stop me from moving forward, from letting go and giving up control. I could, I have...in the past. 

But not this time.

This time it is different.


I am different. He is different (I see Him different). Life is different.

This time I am not the one responsible, not the one in control, not the one in the drivers seat, I am not the one striving to make it all work!

This time, this day, this now... is out of my hands!
And that brings such relief, such peace, such presence
Fear pushes way to Faith, to Trust, to Belief.
And that washes my soul with His essence.

Breathe in the sweet Peace of Jesus
Breathe out all that does not belong
Breathe in the amazing Love of my Father
Breathe out all that, which is wrong.

This time, this day, this now...is in Your hands!
and fear no longer is seen,
I focus on you for direction
and love what always has been!

Breathe in the Freedom of Christ,
Breathe out the rules that can bind
Breathe in His Incredible Joy
Breathe out all that clutters the mind.

This time,
This day,
This now....
I no longer am afraid;
This time,
This day,
This now...
I remembered & I prayed!

How often does fear stop you in your tracks? When was the last time? Too often it happens to me and too often I forget to bring it to God, to lay it at his feet, to let go.

Oh but when I do remember...
when I go to him with the truth, with the fear of my heart...  He is there! He takes it and says 'fear not, for I am with you...' 

He wants to take it; He wants to see you, to see me, step out in faith...to walk on the water!

He has such amazing gifts for us when we open our hands, our hearts, our minds, our spirits & our Faith.

When we let go, when we give it to Him, when we trust Him with it all; The treasures are many, the joy incredible, and such delight floods our entire being.  

What are you afraid of?

Can you give Him your fear today and be open to receive His goodness?

 He stands, with arms open wide, hands outstretched, patient, loving, desiring, waiting......

His Peace be yours this day, this now, at this time ♥ LR 

4 comments:

  1. I just love the first part of this - I really identify with it and with you. Love you and I'm so proud of you for making this change/taking this chance (OK that sounds patronizing but you know what I mean)!
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never be forggoten. Just missed and oh soo loved!!! Im so happy for you
    Love kayls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an encouraging reminder of what I need to do when I face fear, I usually hold on to it and let it stop me in my tracks. When I do let go and lay my fears at the feet of our Lord, He is faithfully and picks me up and moves me onward with His sweet comforting peace and joy even when I can't see ahead myself. You are His daughter and He has a perfect plan for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Daughter of mine

    Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."
    Love God

    ReplyDelete