Monday, July 25, 2011

The Ocean's Edge

Today the purity of the water.
The vastness of the ocean.
The cleansing tide washing away the darkness, the sorrow, the sin, the grief, the stress, the shattered dreams, the broken heart, the anguish, the loneliness, the bitterness, anger, strife and loss.
All washed away in the crashing of the waves, the lapping of the receding tide and the small pools of ocean water.

 
God was present, there at the oceans edge as I looked out in awe.

The world. My world, behind me. Out of site. Out of hearing distance. Left out on purpose. Left to fend for itself, I was no longer present.

 I looked as a babe, out over the vastness of the ocean. So incredibly awestruck I was.

And all I could see. All I could hear. All I could feel. Was God. He filled the space; completely. He was there. And he poured out his love on me. He held me. He comforted me. He filled me with his grace. He filled me with His mercy. He brought about a sense of completeness. Accomplishment. Rest. Peace. He asked me to let go of all that I was holding on to.  And I did.


I stood at the oceans edge today
looking out as far as far could be,
I stood at the oceans edge today
and wondered what was there for me....

I stood at the oceans edge today
with open heart and prayerful soul,
I stood at the oceans edge today
my spirit at peace and did not tole.

I stood at the oceans edge today
I raised my hands and eyes then too,
I stood at the oceans edge today
and in that vastness; there was YOU!

I stood at the oceans edge today
You filled the void that lay before,
I stood at the oceans edge today
my spirit hungered, thirsting for more!

I stood at the oceans edge today
giving it all away to You,
I stood at  the oceans edge today
and received your gift of everything new! 

Have you ever seen the vastness of God? Have you ever felt His bigness? Truly? So big you just can't comprehend, can't grasp, can't understand?

 If not...seek for it!

If so....go back!

Be in Awe, wonder, amazement and even shock! Surprised by His complete filling of ALL that you will ever need, all that your heart desires, all that He has planned for you!

Maybe you can't stand at the oceans edge today. Be encouraged, I now know that God is so big His vastness fills the world; YOUR world. Go outside. Take a deep breath. Look up. Can you meet Him there? He is waiting for you.....

Blessings be multiplied in your world today dear heart ♥

2 comments:

  1. <3 Loving your blog my friend, it's touching my heart, causing me too to weep. Love you!

    ReplyDelete