Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In the middle of life; at the very beginning....

One of the hardest things I find, in starting a blog is deciding where to start. So I have decided to just begin!

I am in the midst of a major life changing transition this month, this season. Most who will follow my blog (at first :^) ), will already know where I have come from and some will even have knowledge on where I am going. There is no doubt that my Healing Rain Blog starts smack dab in the middle of what was before and what is to come. Go ahead....jump in with me!

This will be my personal journal, my prayers to God, my thoughts about various topics, my ramblings, my opinions and my 'writings'.  Come on by. Sit with me. Share with me. See the me I strive to be, was created to be, longingly desire to be and sometimes regret to be (sometimes; not often anymore...but sometimes).

In order to truly show where I am today I have decided to regress just a few months. To March 31, 2011. The day I put pen to paper once again. The day Gods spirit broke through and moved in my heart to write, again.

As my 'secure' world seemingly falls down around, me I cry out to God. Wanting so desperately to be a women of faith and not one of worry, turmoil or fear....again (or is it still?)

My breathing is laboured as I try to make sense, to process, to believe!

I push the negative thoughts away but it's like they are a rubber band and spring back as fast as I send them away!

I recognize blessings this time, this trial...
the love I have for others,
the love I receive from others
 the generous hearts of 'close' others
the speck of faith that is there...wanting to grow, to bud AND to bloom.

Things are different this time. They have to be... as family is different, circumstances different, choices different.

My head spins, my heart is crashing against my chest, my head aches & weariness over takes me.

Is denial a form of faith?
I can live today for today truly is blessed!
But of tomorrow? Do I/we not have decisions to make? Plans to devise? A way to live in this world & not be of this world?

Have we really gone through 'ALL' to just work & buy & live & exist?
Is there not more in this life?
Should there not be more?

Is this life to be part time? Although we can and have lived as God followers and worked full time...is that it?  Is that all?

Life is Oh, so short! So much heart to share & so very difficult behind a desk, in an office.

Where do we go from here Lord?

You have always been in my writing Oh Lord!
Peace comes gently, pouring comfort & calm over my head, my heart, my soul.
The tears are gone again...For Now.

For Now ~ I see your hand
For Now ~ I am able to stand
For Now ~ You comfort me
For Now ~ Your Grace I see
For Now ~ Sweet Peace I hold
For Now ~ Your love enfold
For Now ~ with Faith anew
For Now ~ My troubles, so few!

Thank you Abba, Father
    I love you!

3 comments:

  1. and I found my faith just around the same time you reconnected yours <3

    Here it goes: my baptism Easter Sunday 2011

    My Name is Dawn Griffin and I grew up in Bowness, at the age of 22 I moved to Cochrane and I reside there for 20yrs now.
    Although my mom had baptised me as an infant I now feel it is so important for me to eg knowledge God and Jesus Christ for all of my past ignorance. I have always been spiritual and have prayed to God my whole life, he has always kept me safe and out of harms way even though I was disobedient to his commandments and I only listen to his word at weddings and funerals.
    Very recently a chain of events lead me to my friend Suzanne who eagerly accepted my request to attend church with her. There I was introduced to Pastor Geoff. I was searching for answers and the very next day he explained "all" of my questions (2.5hrs worth) and we prayed together. That day I gave myself to God, i am excited to know Jesus and understand his sacrifice for us now!
    Since my conversion into Christianity I feel such relief knowing God and Jesus in a whole new light, that he has a plan for me and I trust in him to help me learn my life purpose.

    "His unchanging plan has allways been to adopt us into his own family by bringingus to himself through Jesus Christ" Ephesians 1:5 (NLT)

    "For God has said; I will never leave you, I will never abandon you" Hebrews 13:5(TEV)

    I look forward to bringing him joy everyday <3


    sorry it took so long to share with you.....I miss our talks and will miss your beautiful smiling face my sister in Christ, am grateful for computers as we will always be able to stay in touch <3 I am looking forward to more of your blogs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am moved by your writing and can identify with your questions, keep on writing, my heart is with you on your journey. You have come so far and I am excited about where God is taking you now. You are in my prayers.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, You touch me. As I am reading I am inspired of your faith. I been wanting that for years but for myself, instead of trusting in my God 100% and I take control. I get so busy and no time for my Heavenly Father and It makes me feel sad in my heart. Anyways I could go on but reading this reminds me what I need to do for me. Thank-you again
    Tina

    ReplyDelete