Monday, February 27, 2012

Touching base.... ♥

My dad pointed out a couple of days ago that my last Blog was January 31! That's a month! No wonder I have been missing you all of late!


It is thrilling to me to check the stats on my blog and see that there are still visitors on a daily basis. It is encouraging to my heart and yet I feel this small twinge of guilt pressing down as well.


I am not one to give excuses and truly do not like to come across as defensive. The saying 'it is what it is' comes to mind each time I think of 'why'.


However...I do feel I owe my wonderful friends, family, followers and droplets an explanation as to why the lull with my writing as well as an update into our lives.


At the beginning of February I was hired by the Raw Food Restaurant here in Qualicum Beach, Rawthentic Eatery. I had been verbally applying on a daily basis since we arrived here in September. I knew and God knew... it was only a matter of time before 'They' knew!  Well that day finally arrived and just as I thought...I love it!


I love the people who own it, the people who work there and the people who are customers there! It is busy. The days are long and full. It is challenging. It is rewarding. It is fun. It is stretching.


My Man and I entered the RAW Food world upon our arrival here after I researched and dabbled in it during my month in Victoria, July last year.


We had been having so many physical ailments over the years with the last being severe stomach pain almost every time we ate! We battled skin rashes, sleeplessness, joint & muscle pain, major digestive issues, ulcers, sore & bleeding gums, headaches and of course emotional distress. We knew the stress over the years had been taking its toll on our bodies and it was time to make some drastic changes or medicate ourselves to death.


Thus our entry into Raw Food. Presently our stomachs give us very little grief. My skin issues are 95% under control. The aching in my joints has diminished considerably. Since June 2007 I have taken a natural sleep aid EVER night to get me to sleep. With our lifestyle change and move I can count on one hand how many times I have needed help to get to sleep.


I love our new Raw diet and I love the raw food culture.


Besides the two or three days a week at the restaurant I am still pursuing and LOVING my career as a massage therapist! I love to pour out love. To nurture. To see healing results. To see a persons whole being changed after one hour with me. I love looking for Gods touch on someone he has brought my way. I love the power of the essential oils I use in my treatments. I love the hugs from my clients.


There is not enough business for me at the Spa I work at so My Man and I have been putting our mobile massage & reflexology business together. We had both hoped to stay away from self-employment for our first year on the Island... We now believe God has other plans for us.


The marketing of self and services is time consuming and overwhelming. Not to mention that rejection of self and services is VERY tough on the ego and confidence scale! We remember that it is not our will we seek and that the plans He has for us are plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give us hope and a future. It will come together!


This truth that 'it will come together' was never more clear then when I was hired for my third (or is it 4th?) job here on the Island.


You will remember the blog 'The Work of a Dream' from January 18 when I wrote about goal setting and a business plan. Well...I got right on the writing of goals, desires and dreams and found I rather enjoyed it. Especially when I saw one dream come to reality that very week!  It was CrAzY!


On January 19 I point form wrote about my writings....


~ I love to write
~ I am a good writer (I have been told enough to finally believe!)
~Is my desire still to write a book
~Is it a daily newspaper article
~is it always going to be a blog
~The blog is time consuming with out pay ~ 2-4 hours every day
~what about my desire to share our health wisdom


On January 25th a day or two before I was hired at the restaurant and 6 days after I wrote about where my writing was going; I was hired to write a weekly newsletter! When I read over my entry in my goals diary...I was blown away! Talk about speaking it out into the universe! Talk about God caring about ALL our desires, dreams and wishes! My faith was increased 100 fold that day. When I have Thomas days, days of doubt I look at my goals diary and I read the articles I am writing every week and then I wait expectantly on God for the next mind blowing event!


Oh the newsletter content? I write each and every week about the Raw Food World! My desire to share the wisdom I glean from hours of research and hands on healthy living and healing is now being put in print...EVERY WEEK! It is sent out to hundreds of emails, hundreds of people who have signed up to receive this newsletter! I love it! It is challenging. It is stretching. It is fun. It is rewarding! It is VERY time consuming, mind consuming, energy consuming and eats up the creative writing within me. 


And that dear friends...is my excuse for not blogging for the last month. I spend 5-9 hours each Sunday writing the newsletter which is published at midnight Sunday. Mondays are spa days. Tuesdays are Healing Rain marketing days. Wednesdays and Thursdays are Rawthentic days. Fridays is shared with Rawthentic and Natural Synergy Day Spa and Saturday is full on Spa day.


I am happy. I am full of joy. I am blessed. I am honoured to see God's hand in my day to day existence. I have an amazing man who supports me with everything I do. 


A man who pulls me outside for walks. Does the laundry. Cleans the bathroom. Takes care of the dog. He vacuums. He grocery shops. He encourages. He takes full Saturdays and does 'on location' days with mini-hand reflexology treatments to promote our mobile Healing Rain. He is on call 5 days a week for school bus driving. He drives Taxi's on Saturdays when not 'on location'. We market together on Tuesdays. He pours me wine and finds me salty crunch when my day is too long and I am too cranky. He waits patiently for 'us' time as I make calls to family and friends back home and have all evening texting conversations with some of the same. He keeps up with his amazing gift of reflexology on my feet EVERY night. He holds me close. He loves me.


I wasn't supposed to be this busy when we moved to a quieter life of Island living... I learned I don't do 'nothing' well! As well as 'nothing' doesn't pay the bills!


Where does that leave our relationship dear friends, readers & droplets? If you will be understanding and patient with me I have every intention of continuing my writings here on my Healing Rain Blog. Sharing my heart, my life, my lessons, my God and my musings. It will likely be published on a weekly basis unless I decide to give up sleeping altogether! =) 


I also will be setting up another blog site of some sort, in the very near future, to share the culture, lifestyle and how to's of living on a Raw Food Diet. I hope it will be intriguing enough to have you join me there as well as here....




Blessings be yours as you wait expectantly on God...♥ LR

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the new blog Robyn.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay Yay!!! So nice to see you back! Busy? Yes. But better than not huh? Excellent writing! Excellent reading! Much lovin'!

    ReplyDelete